Friday 28 September 2012

six word memoir #1


In my family, basketball has always been one of those things you're just born to love. It's in our blood. And I always have loved it. When I was younger, I’d see my brothers playing. They’d teach me new moves and help me improve old ones.  I quickly developed the same passion they had for the game. Up until high school, when that passion slowly starting dying. Mostly because I let other people and other things bring me down. Sometimes I think about it, and miss the sport so much. Even though I still play, it’s just not the same.
I made the photo black and white, because my feelings toward basketball aren't black and white anymore. It’s something in between. Something bittersweet.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you made this photo black. I immediately understood why. I do wonder though, why you consider this passion completely gone? You are still young, could you find a different way to express your passion for the sport? Maybe play in a "fun" league?

    ReplyDelete