Saturday 22 September 2012

hate 'em or love 'em for the same reason (3)

Kanye West. I, personally, love him. Not because I agree with the way he acts or the things he says, but because I admire the fact that he can act that way, and he can say those things. How he reacted to Taylor Swift winning Best Female Video Of The Year at the 2009 VMA's, for example, people won't ever forget. Because it was arrogant and uncalled for - but it was honest and true. Or how he stated, "George Bush doesn't care about black people," as the result of Hurricane Katrina.
He's so raw, and so hones,t that I find it hard not to admire someone like that. Someone who has the courage to tell it like it is, and to speak their mind. Mostly though, I love Kanye West's music and his lyrics. So many of my favourite quotes especially, are from his songs. Even if you're not a fan of his, or don't particularly like his music, I feel that he at least deserves respect for all that he's created in the music industry, and whatever else. After all, respect is earned. Maybe not as a person, but as an artist. Give him credit for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment