Thursday 25 October 2012

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves us along." (7)

These lyrics (the title of my post) are from Maroon 5's song She Will Be Loved. As simple as the phrase is, it means to much to me.

Nothing in life is ever going to be perfect or good, all the time. There are ups in downs in everything we do and in everything we're a part of. No matter how much we may have in common with someone and no matter how similar we might be, we will always have differences and disagreements. What really shows a friendship or relationship's worth though, is how willing we are to work it out. Anything worth having is worth fighting for, or worth compromising about.

I feel that too many people give up too easily. Especially when it comes to other people. Rather than realizing the reality of it all. For awhile now, I've found these lyrics coming up in my head whenever I am having a disagreement with someone important to me, or being selfish rather than understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment