Saturday 13 October 2012

reading reflection #5 / character iphone

This week, rather than writing another reading reflection, we took a break to change things up. Instead, we were asked to create an iPhone for the main character of a book we're reading. I thought it was a pretty neat idea.

I'm reading The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill, which takes place in the 1700's. Of course, there wasn't much technology around at that time. Which is why I found it a little tough, creating apps she would have. So I based it off of things I felt would be useful to her character during that time, in one way or another. I think that by my brief explanations of the apps, you'll get the just of things.

As for the back cover or case, it's mainly a sunset, representing what Aminata mentioned about not trusting great waters and pink skies. There's also a ship, since she spent a few months on a slave ship, crossing those waters. Then I also attempted to copy part of a prayer written in Arabic, because she is Muslim, and always finds herself turning towards Allahu Akbar.


Aminata Diallo's iPhone:

No comments:

Post a Comment