Wednesday 14 November 2012

looks can be deceiving (9)

I always take two buses to and from school, transferring downtown where there are all sorts of people. One day last week, I was waiting in the bus shack for the bus where I normally do, when an old women sat next to me. She showed me a loonie and said she didn't have enough for bus fare. I honestly don't think I have ever personally given a stranger money. Until that day. Even now, I'm not really sure how I feel about it. 

The crazy thing is, we never really know anyone's story. Where they've been or the things they've seen. It's almost impossible to tell whether someone really needs and wants our help, or if our contribution is actually worsening their situation by their own means. Looks can be deceiving. However, that's no right to judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment